Volume Two of Turn That Light Out – The Remixes is out in April and we’re offering you the opportunity to have your very own remix of Stac featured on the album!
We’re making the vocals from two album tracks freely available for you to download right here for a limited period.
The rules are simple, come up with a stunning remix of your favourite track (or tracks), avoid using any obvious samples** and submit it to us by Monday 21 February 2011.
The entrants will be posted here for your listening pleasure and the winner will be chosen by a panel including Stac herself, Dom Servini and Adam Scrimshire.
The winner will be announced on Friday 25 February. They will have their track included on the worldwide release of Remixes – Volume Two alongside the likes of Kidkanevil, Ashley Beedle and more.
They will also have their track played on the Wah Wah Radio show, Colourful Radio AND be added to the Wah Wah 45s promo list for the rest of 2011!?
So why wait? You’ve got four weeks to come up with something beautiful. Fine print, submission info and download links are below!
** we will not attempt to get clearance on samples for your remix, your track will simply be ruled out
- Parts are 48khz 24bit WAV;
- Tempos are varied and not set – so we cannot tell you track tempos, *please don’t ask*;
- We are only providing vocals, no instrumental parts will be included;
- Competition deadline is Monday 21 February – all tracks MUST be submitted by midnight GMT in 320bit MP3 format, the deadline will not be extended & exceptions are unlikely to be made;
- Please upload your remix to our soundcloud dropbox http://soundcloud.com/wahwah45s/dropbox – we don’t want to route through e-mail submissions!
- Winners will be notified on Friday 25 February;
- The competition will be judged by Stacey Dowdeswell, Dom Servini and Adam Scrimshire- the judges decision is final. The artist reserves the right to alter/edit album content in consultation with the remixer(s) for the final release;
- All winners will be fully credited on the Remix Album release and on all promo info accompanying the release including their myspace/website links. All intellectual property and master use remains with the originators of the music (Wah Wah 45s). No remuneration (including royalties or mechanicals/publishing) will be paid to the winners from the sales of the Remix Album on digital and physical formats. Remuneration WILL be paid to the remix producer for any remixes that are licensed to 3rd party licensees including but not limited to synchronisations for TV, film, video games and compilations. This remuneration will be calculated as 50% of the royalties due to the Artist. Mechanicals/publishing will not be due to the remixer under these circumstances.
- The winning remixers will be expected to supply a 24 bit WAV or AIFF of their remix promptly on request;
- You may post/share your remix at any time anywhere on the internet regardless of whether you are a winner or not. Our only stipulation is that the track is credited correctly: Stac ‘Song Name’ ([Remixer name] remix)and at all times that are possible a weblink is included to http://www.wahwah45s.com and/or http://www.musicbystac.com
Downloads (just click to download the zip file):